An easy potato has designed to use your leftover veggie scraps. Delicious and healthy!
Layers of almond - a crunchy nut base, truffled almond center, and a rich almond buttercream icing adorned with just a bite of Amaretto ganache. A gluten free treat that anyone can get behind.
Vegan Cheese with spicy jalapeños and red chilis in a cashew almond base...Delicious fresh or aged.
These fritters are the epitome of summer - sweet and savory, light and rich, delicate and sunny, all the while smoked mozzarella and paprika give a hint of campfires to come.
My sweet neighbor brought over two, gigantic summer squashes that had become overgrown. Knowing I wouldn't let them go to waste, I scooped out the seedy/stringy flesh inside, and shredded the rest. Shucked 4 ears of corn and whipped up these cakes almost before the silk hit the grass.
Smoky Summer Zucchini & White Corn Fritters
by Chef Heather Mader
- 1 lb. yellow and green zucchini, cut in half and seeds scooped out & discarded
- 1 1/2 c. corn kernels, sliced fresh from the cobb
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked mozzarella, shredded
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly made breadcrumbs from 2 slices bread (gf bread ok)
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. onion salt (I used Penzy's FoxPoint seasoning)
- sea salt to taste
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ c. flour (gf flour ok)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- olive oil
- On the large holes of a box grater, grate zucchini. Using a cheesecloth or clean dishtowel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded zucchini with corn, scallions, bell pepper, cilantro, mozzarella eggs, breadcrumbs and spices. Season with pepper and salt, then mix in Parmesan, baking powder and flour.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. For each fritter, scoop 1/3rd cup of batter, flatten to about ½ inch and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Add more olive oil between batches, or as needed.
Juicy market stand nectarines and dried figs with molasses brown sugar make this beautiful pie sing a song to your mouth!
Garlic and ginger flavored meatballs simmer in a golden curry coconut milk gravy. This yellow Thai curry is fragrant, not too spicy, with a hint of sweet.
Beautiful layered ladyfingers with blueberry limoncello and mascarpone cream
An almost focaccia style pizza crust sturdy enough to handle the boldest of toppings, this pizza is easy to throw together with my bolognese meatball leftovers, or leftover meat and sauce of your own!
Red lentils, basmati rice and a blend of warming spices turn this dal into a comforting dish that will chase away the blues.
Bolognese style meatballs braised in milk prior to the slow simmer in a rich tomato gravy, served over spaghetti squash...this dish is really something special. Visit at blackradish.us for more of Chef Heather's delicious creations or to book a personal chef dinner today.
Healthier magic bars can be made dairy free using Earth Balance and sweetened condensed coconut milk. An easy treat to make with your kids. Visit black radish.us for more information on Chef Heather and delicious meals by Black Radish Chef.
My most requested, most popular appetizer of all time in my career as a chef, this torte is something truly exceptional. Visit blackradish.us for more information or to book a personal chef event today.